The University of Florida Large Animal Hospital has the most superior imaging modalities to date and is designed for equine and large animal comfort. Our equine and large animal veterinary radiologists and other specialists diagnose and treat patients from all over Florida including the Gainesville, Ocala and Jacksonville areas. Our Diagnostic Imaging Service works with our equine lameness & imaging, internal medicine, ophthalmology, reproduction, and surgery services to diagnose and treat the most complicated veterinary cases.
Our staff consists of board certified veterinary radiologists, technologists, and technicians and are dedicated to patient care. Our service uses state-of-the-art imaging equipment in order to assist our clinicians to provide the best care to every patient.
Equine & Large Animal Diagnostic Imaging Modalities & Services
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Nuclear Scintigraphy (Bone Scan)
- Ultrasonography (Ultrasound or US)
- Digital or Computed Radiography (DR or CR)
UF Equine & Large Animal Diagnostic Imaging Veterinarians and Staff
- Dr. Erin Porter, Service Chief
- Dr. Aitor Gallastegui
- Dr. Robson Giglio
- Dr. Frederico Vilaplana
- Dr. Matthew Winter
- Dr. Audrey Billhymer, Resident
- Dr. Philip Hamel, Resident
- Dr. Elizabeth Huynh, Resident
- Dr. Patricia Mendoza, Resident
- Dr. Elisa Spoldi, Resident
- Mary Wilson, RT (R) CT MR CV, Veterinary Care Manager
The UF Large Animal Hospital veterinarians treat equine and large animal patients from the Gainesville, Ocala and Jacksonville areas, including Alachua and Marion Counties in Florida, and our clients come from all over the United States. Contact us to speak to one of our specialists or to make an appointment.