Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
PRP Therapy at UF
Two forms of PRP are available at UF.
Using a commercial kit, blood is collected from the patient and processed on-site. PRP is ready for intralesional injection within an hour. Alternatively, blood can be drawn and sent to an outside laboratory for processing. In 48 hours, the PRP is returned in combination with ACS for intralesional injection.
- Learn about stem cell therapies
- Learn about autologous-conditioned serum (ACS or IRAPTM II) therapy
- Evidence supporting the use of regenerative medicine in horses
- Return to UF Equine Lameness & Imaging
- Contact the UF Large Animal Hospital to see if PRP therapy can help your horse