Anesthesia & Pain Management
The UF Large Animal Hospital equine and large animal Anesthesia & Pain Management team is composed of board-certified veterinary anesthesiologists and advanced-trained anesthesia technicians, offering quality care to large animal patients prior to, during, and after surgical or invasive procedures. We work with all of our services to provide the best care for all of our large animal patients.
Our equine and large animal anesthesia veterinarians work with our equine veterinarians in all of our services, including equine lameness & imaging and poor performance, equine surgery, equine ophthalmology, emergency colic care, neonatal & foal care, equine reproduction, and equine internal medicine.
Large Animal Anesthesia Veterinary Services Include
- Advanced monitoring equipment including blood gas analysis
- Advanced local and regional anesthesia techniques
- Total intravenous anesthesia
- Advanced critical care anesthesia for severely compromised patients
Large Animal Anesthesia & Pain Management Veterinarians and Staff
- Fernando Garcia-Pereira, DVM, Service Chief
- Luisito Pablo, DVM
- Andre Shih, DVM
- Tiffany Granone, DVM
- Bonnie Gatson, DVM, Resident
- Sharon Tenenbaum, DVM, Resident
- Jennifer Sager, Anesthesia Technician Manager
The UF Large Animal Hospital veterinarians treat equine and large animal patients from the Gainesville, Ocala and Jacksonville areas, including Alachua and Marion Counties in Florida, and our clients come from all over the United States. Contact us to speak to one of our specialists or to make an appointment.