Equine Lameness & Imaging
The veterinarians of the University of Florida Equine Lameness & Imaging Service specialize in the treatment and rehabilitation of poor performance in sport horses. We integrate multiple advanced diagnostic & imaging modalities, regenerative medicine, and state-of-the-art treatment techniques, including our 1.5 Tesla high-field MRI and the Lameness LocatorTM. Our wide range of modalities allows us to provide every option for care in one place.
Equine Regenerative Medicine at UF
Stem cell, platelet-rich plasma and autologous-conditioned serum therapies are forms of regenerative medicine that originate from the horse’s own body and are used to improve the healing process. Common uses for equine regenerative medicine are tendon & ligament injuries, cartilage damage, osteoarthritis, fractures and wound repair.
- Autologous-Conditioned Serum (ACS or IRAPTM II) Therapy
- Stem-Cell Therapies
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Myths & Facts About Equine Regenerative Medicine
- High-Field (1.5 Tesla) MRI
- Spiral Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Nuclear Scintigraphy (Bone Scan)
- Digital or Computed Radiography
- Digital Ultrasonography
- Lameness LocatorTM
- High-Speed Treadmill Analysis & Endoscopy
- Video Endoscopy
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Therapeutic Farriery
- Prepurchase Examinations
- Performance Evaluations
- Joint Injections
Equine Lameness & Imaging Veterinarians and Staff
Our veterinarians are board-certified in Veterinary Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, Veterinary Surgery and Veterinary Radiology. This specialized team approach allows us to accurately diagnose and treat your horse’s lameness issues as accurately and thoroughly as possible.
- Dr. Alison Morton, Director of the UF Lameness & Imaging service
- Dr. Adam Biedrzycki
- Dr. Taralyn McCarrel
- David Suarez-Fuentes, Intern
The UF Large Animal Hospital veterinarians treat equine and large animal patients from the Gainesville, Ocala and Jacksonville areas, including Alachua and Marion Counties in Florida, and our clients come from all over the United States. Contact us to speak to one of our specialists or to make an appointment.