The University of Florida Large Animal Hospital is one of the few practices in Florida that have veterinarians specializing in equine and other large animal skin diseases. Florida’s tropical climate promotes skin infections in animals, leading to hard-to-diagnose diseases. UF’s Dermatology service and equine veterinarians treat the most complicated dermatology cases.
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
About UF Equine & Large Animal Dermatology
Dr. Rosanna Marsella has a particular interest in equine allergies and routinely performs intradermal skin testing in horses to identify offending allergens and prepare individualized vaccines to build the patient’s immunity. She also has a strong interest in infectious skin diseases, performing skin cytologies & biopsies for histopathology, and cultures to diagnose bacterial & fungal infections.
UF treats large animal and equine patients from all over Florida, including the Ocala and Gainesville areas. Our referrals come from all over the United States and as far away as South America and Europe.
Equine & Large Animal Dermatology Services
- Equine allergy testing
- Routine skin disease diagnosis & treatment
- Infectious skin disease diagnosis & treatment
- Skin cytology and biopsy for histopathology
- Bacterial and fungal infection diagnosis & treatment
- Intradermal skin testing
- Chronic ear disease diagnosis & treatment
- Immunological dermatoses
- Autoimmune skin disease diagnosis & treatment
- Food reaction treatment
- Atopic dermatitis treatment
Large Animal Dermatology Veterinarians and Staff
- Dr. Dunbar Gram, Service Chief
- Dr. Rosanna Marsella
- Dr. Domenico Santoro
- Dr. Megan Boyd, Resident
- Dr. Danielle Cobiella, Resident
- Keri Bentley, CVPM, Technician Manager
- Amy Beaver, CVT
- Ashley Foxworth, Technician
The UF Large Animal Hospital veterinarians treat equine and large animal patients from the Gainesville, Ocala and Jacksonville areas, including Alachua and Marion Counties in Florida, and our clients come from all over the United States. Contact us to make an appointment.