Patient Visitation Policy
Our visitation policy is designed to prevent interruption of hospital activities and to preserve the quality of patient care that our patients deserve, while allowing you the opportunity to spend precious time with your animal. We appreciate your understanding of our priorities and your compliance with our policies. Please consider the following requests:
- Our hospital has considerably stricter biosecurity guidelines than other equine hospitals in this area. These guidelines are designed to protect our patients from spread of contagious diseases within the hospital. Therefore, we need to reduce traffic to a reasonable level.
- Our policy is designed to allow our clinicians and nursing staff to provide the proper care and to permit many important activities in our hospital to proceed without interruption. Our clinicians and nursing staff therefore may not be able to assist you when they are obligated to deliver scheduled medications or conduct critical diagnostic procedures on other patients.
- We regard your privacy and the privacy of our other clients to be of the utmost importance. We trust that all our visitors will respect the privacy of other clients by not reading medical records, taking photographs, or obtaining any information that does not pertain to them.
- Please check before feeding, walking or grazing to make sure that these activities are not harmful to your animal.
- Please remain within close proximity to your animal at all times.
- Please do not bring dogs or any other pets into the hospital. Other patients may not be comfortable with your pets. In addition, containment of contagious diseases is also jeopardized by the presence of other animals.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, by appointment on weekends.
- Duration of visit is flexible, except under certain circumstances.
- If possible, schedule your visit when the clinician is available to discuss the case.
- Visitors must check in at the front desk. This would include signing the daily log and obtaining a visitor pass which should be worn at all times during their visit.
- Visitors will be escorted to the stall their horse or other animal is assigned.
- Please feel free to request a tour of our hospital. Although we cannot always provide this at short notice, we will do our best to accommodate you. Unguided tours are not permitted.
Thank you for helping us provide the best care for all our patients!